Primrose Place Family Centre is a non-profit organization that provides childcare to approximately 70 children, ages 11 months to 6 years. Founded in 1967, the Centre has offered top-quality programming to Edmonton families for over forty years.
Primrose Place Family Centre is a registered charitable organization administered by a voluntary Board of Directors. The board and its committees are made up of both parents of children in the center and members of the community.
Educated and experienced staff plan a curriculum consistent with the Centre’s philosophy that positive role-playing and learning through play is the most effective and appropriate method for children at the pre-school age.
Primrose Place Family Centre meets the needs of families by providing a healthy and safe environment in which the children optimize their potential to become creative, confident and independent contributing members of society.
Our non-profit centre is staffed by highly motivated, early childhood educators dedicated to promoting the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of children. We encourage cooperation with parents and the community to make optimal use of all available resources.
We are dedicated to providing high quality programs and services. The services provided are geared to developing individual and group skills needed for healthy and productive community living.
- Provide a safe, physically and emotionally stimulating environment where children can grow.
- Connect families with community resources and promote the healthy growth and development of children.
- Provide a place where children can learn to play and work co-operatively with others.
- Provide a setting in which children can make friends and be challenged through new experiences.
- Provide a place where children can learn and practice decision making and problem solving skills.
- Provide supportive programming to families and children with special needs.
Alberta Children Services
Alberta Licensing Officers visit our centre two or three times a year to evaluate the program and facility. The licensing reports are posted for all parents and staff to read. Our center continually exceeds the standards.